With Pendo Session Replay, you can visualize your visitors' interactions so that you can better understand their experience with your product.
This article reviews how to enable Session Replay for your applications.
Note: Session Replay is a product available as an add-on to new or existing Pendo subscriptions. If you have access to Session Replay, you'll see the Replay option in the left-side navigation menu. If you're interested in getting access, contact your Pendo account representative.
Session Replay is enabled on a per-application basis. Before moving forward with enabling Session Replay, you must ensure that:
- You have Admin permissions.
- Your app is on agent version 2.205.2 or above.
- If you have Content Security Policy (CSP) configured for your app, your team has updated your CSP to incorporate the necessary hosts. If you don't have an existing CSP, no updates are needed. To learn more, see Existing privacy settings.
Access and privacy
Once Session Replay is added to your subscription, you can access the Replay option in the left-side menu and the Replay Settings page in Pendo.
Additionally, to save space, we sometimes use Replay as a shorthand when referring to Session Replay.
Configure privacy settings
Before you enable Session Replay, you must configure your privacy settings on the Replay Settings page. This includes your starting privacy configuration, selector rules, and segment.
Tip: Before you enable Session Replay for a large audience, we recommend enabling it for a smaller segment of internal users so that you can monitor performance and ensure your privacy rules align with company policies. To learn more, see Session Replay privacy and Replay performance impacts.
For step-by-step privacy configuration guidelines, see Session Replay privacy.
Enable Session Replay
Once you configure your privacy settings, an Admin user can enable Session Replay for each of your apps using the steps below.
- Navigate to Settings > Subscription Settings in Pendo.
- Select the Applications tab, then select the app you want to enable Session Replay for.
- Select the Replay Settings tab, then find the Enable Replay section.
- Once you apply the appropriate segment, select Enable.
- If you want to activate Session Replay for more apps, repeat steps 1–4 for each individual app.
Like other Pendo data, replays process at the start of every hour. If an individual replay spans multiple hours, Pendo extends the original replay duration as new data becomes available.
To learn where you can find and watch replays in Pendo once they process, see Watch replays.