You can promote ideas to features in the backlog of one or more roadmaps that you either created or have been given Editor access to. A promoted idea remains as an idea in the Validate page of Discover, as well as appearing as a feature in any roadmap you promote the idea to. You can then either add newly promoted ideas as individual features in your roadmap or group them with other features into initiatives as appropriate. For more information about roadmap access and how to manage items in your roadmaps, see Roadmaps in Discover.
This article provides instructions for promoting ideas to a roadmap. For more informational content about this functionality, see the Actions section in Validate ideas: overview of functionality.
Promote an idea to a roadmap feature
To promote an idea to a feature in the backlog of a roadmap:
- Navigate to Discover > Validate. The Ideas tab is open by default.
- Find and open the idea from the Ideas table. This opens a panel on the right side of the page showing the details of the idea.
- Select Actions in the bottom-left corner of the panel.
- Choose Promote to roadmap.
- In the window that opens, choose a roadmap from the dropdown menu. You only see roadmaps that you created or have Editor access to.
- Select Add to roadmap in the bottom-right corner of the window. A temporary success message appears in the top-right corner of the screen, where you can select View now to navigate immediately to the roadmap that you promoted the idea to.
Add the promoted idea to your roadmap
After promoting an idea, you can find it as a feature in your roadmap's backlog and then add it to one of your roadmap swimlanes using the drag-and-drop functionality:
- Open the roadmap that you promoted your idea to. Select View now in the temporary success message that appears in the top-right corner of the screen, or navigate to Discover > Roadmaps and open the roadmap from the Roadmaps table.
- Select Backlog from the top-right corner of the roadmap.
- Select View to see the details of the new roadmap feature and edit it as appropriate. For example, you might want to edit the title or add a description.
- Drag-and-drop the feature into your roadmap, hover the new feature over an existing feature in the roadmap to create a new initiative, or drag the new feature into an existing initiative in the roadmap. For more information about how roadmap features and initiatives work, see Roadmaps in Discover.