The Pendo Mobile SDK version 2 is a new SDK, which provide codeless retroactive analytics across all of your app-versions, as well as lightbox(in-app message) guides built with Pendo's Visual Design Studio. Read more about the new release here.
- The integration takes three lines of code.
- The SDK will start collecting analytics right away.
- Tracking analytics and guides will work across all your app versions.
How Do I Get It?
To add a new mobile app (with SDK V2) to Pendo:
- Navigate to Subscription Settings
- Click on the "Add Mobile App" button in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Enter your desired app name and choose the relevant OS: iOS BETA or Android BETA. If you don't see the BETA apps, please contact us.
- Proceed to install the SDK by following the integration instructions displayed.
note: If you already installed our 1.5x SDK version, make sure to change all "Insert" references to "Pendo".
You are now ready to:
Send track events (see 'Mobile Track Events' section)
Frequently Asked Questions
When will this no longer be considered Beta?
The new SDKs(iOS and Android) are now in beta in order to get some customer feedback before we declare them as generally available.
Do I need to do anything when I release a new app version?
If you dramatically changed the user interface of your app in a new app version, you will probably need to fix your tagged pages.
Can I merge my older app Analytics with the new ones?
No. Your older analytics will still exist in Pendo, but they can’t be migrated to the new app. However, you can use Trends or our new Data Explorer to view or compare them side-by-side with the new analytics.
When will the data appear?
Just like with Pendo web analytics, data is processed at the top of the hour, every hour. Processing times can take up to 15 minutes after the hour, depending on the amount of data.
Do I need to pre-define user data in the Pendo UI?
There’s no longer a need to pre-define user and account data. Just send us the data from the app and it will automatically be populated in Pendo’s Data Mapping.
- Xamarin and React Native are currently not supported.
Let us know if you want a Xamarin version of this SDK and we will contact you once available.
- You might not be able to tag some controls in your app, or they might not collect analytics.
If you experience such behavior, please contact us for more information.
- When two pages have the exact same structure, we will currently consider them as one page. In case you want to tag different features on both pages, you can tag the 2nd one and save it as a new page in the Pendo UI.