Recurring revenue is a common metric that’s used to add prioritization. Pairing revenue insights to NPS data creates a comprehensive view that can be leveraged by Product Managers (Product Managers) and Customer Success Managers (CSMs) to prioritize accounts and issues.
To use this feature, you will need the following:
- Pendo Administrator Permissions to indicate which metadata field you would like to use as the Revenue data for your account.
- If you don’t already have a metadata field that you will represent your revenue data in Pendo, it can be added via Agent, Custom or Salesforce metadata fields.
Admin setup process
There are 2 ways you can get started:
- In the left-side navigation, go to Behavior > NPS to access your NPS scatterplot, OR
- Go to the Data Mappings Page.
Set up from NPS Scatterplot
If you haven’t set up your metadata value for your Pendo subscription, select + Add revenue metadata underneath your summary details in the scatterplot. This takes you to the account-level Data Mappings section so you can dictate which metadata value Pendo should use.
Set up from the Data Mappings Page
1. Navigate to the Data Mappings page located in the Settings menu at the bottom left-hand corner, and select the Account Level data tab.
2. Select Manage Revenue on the right-hand side of your screen to open the Manage Revenue modal.
3. Select the metadata that represents the revenue data for your accounts:
4. Select Save to finish. You should see a confirmation in the upper right-hand corner.
How to use revenue insights
- After you set up the metadata value, navigate back to the NPS scatterplot.
- Toggle on the Show Revenue button to enable the Revenue view with your NPS data. Once you toggle it on, you can see the circles in the scatterplot change:
Understanding the circle scale
Toggling the revenue on scales the circles to represent revenue in the NPS scatterplot for all detractors, passives, and promoters. The larger the circle, the more revenue it represents.
Pendo scales the circles by taking the range of the Revenue metadata chosen and dividing it into 5 equal parts. All of your accounts’ revenue will fall into one of these categories and the scale will happen accordingly.
For example: If you capture revenue ranging from $0 (if you have trials or freemium) to $1,000,000, your 5 buckets will be:
Using the NPS scatterplot
NPS score responses are also correlated with usage per day per active day. This helps us understand if passives or detractors are spending time in the product or not realizing value. The goal of this NPS chart is to move the user in a diagonal fashion.
This indicates that these responders spent more time in the application to learn its benefits and are promoters. If there are detractors who actually spend more time in the application, then this indicates that there might be an issue or their needs from the product are not met.
But by this logic, every customer needs attention. Revenue can help you prioritize where you need to focus your attention first. By turning on the revenue toggle, the bubbles will scale and you can look for the biggest ones first, tackle them, and then move to the next one. This can be optimized by applying a segment to your NPS responses and narrowing your focus on specific groups you can action on and dig in deeper as needed.
Frequently asked questions
What if my "Add Revenue Metadata" option is greyed out on my scatterplot?
This means you don’t have permission to set up the revenue metadata. You will need to be a Pendo Admin to set this up.