Embed live chat in your Pendo Guide Center to provide real-time assistance alongside contextual guidance and product walkthroughs in Pendo.
The following live chat providers are currently supported:
- Zopim by Zendesk (Access to Zendesk’s Web SDK is required to use the Pendo Integration. Enterprise or Premium (Legacy) Zendesk Chat account plan automatically include web SDK access.)
You will need the following permissions to set up this integration:
- Admin permission to your live chat instance
- Admin permission to your Pendo account
- Integrations Hub enabled on your Pendo account (See note below)
Set up Live Chat integration
Step 1. Navigate to Integrations by clicking on your username and selecting Integrations.
Step 2. Select your live chat provider option and confirm your choice:
Step 3. Add your App ID associated with your chat instance and customize the title and description that you wish to display in your Guide Center.
Step 4. When you have completed the configuration, select Add Integration.
Use Live Chat
Once you have your integration setup, your users can see the chat option and select it within the Guide Center.
When your users select the chat option, they can pick up an existing conversation or start a new one.
Frequently asked questions
I've set up my Intercom Live Chat but only a blank box displays?
Intercom requires specific fields to be passed through to display (i.e. email, user_id). These can be added as Pendo metadata. If Identity verification is enabled in your Intercom Security settings then you will also be required to pass an encrypted user_hash. How to enable Identity Verification
Do I need to update any settings in my Drift account when I'm setting it up?
Drift has updated its API, which no longer supports the sizing configuration option. https://devdocs.drift.com/docs/widget-configuration.
Current options include:
- Appearance, including color, language, font
- Icon, including icon, positioning, desktop/mobile