The following steps walk you though the process needed to set up an email whitelabel with Pendo Feedback. Email whitelabel allows you to send email notifications from your own company domain as opposed to Pendo's own domain.
1. Choose a from email address (for example firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.) This should be a real email address at your actual domain.
Optional: Choose a from name for step 1. For example, "Company Name Feedback" or "Company Name Roadmap".
2. Choose a domain you would like to send emails from. This should match the email address that you have chosen. For example: email@example.com would use yourdomain.com as the domain. If you wanted to use a subdomain then you could use firstname.lastname@example.org with a domain of subdomain.yourdomain.com
3. Send the above information to email@example.com to complete your whitelabel configuration on Pendo's servers.
Example email with the following information:
Hi Pendo Support,Please finish configuring our Feedback email whitelabel using the following info:(From Step 1) From email: firstname.lastname@example.org(Optional) From name: "Feedback Example"(From Step 2) Host: example.com[Your Signature]
4. Once the configuration is completed, Pendo will notify you that it's done.
5. Grab your DNS records from your Pendo Feedback account settings page and pass them to your network administrator to set up on your side. They will look similar to this example:
6. Once your network administrator has set up the new DNS records, we’ll check them and activate your whitelabel emails.
7. Your emails will now be sent to your team and customers from email@example.com. Pendo Feedback's servers will sign the emails on your behalf for maximum deliverability.
Users can reply directly to some notifications, (status changes and comments) and their email reply is routed into your Pendo Feedback account. This is done with a special reply-to header on the email that looks something like firstname.lastname@example.org.