The following steps walk you though the process needed to set up email whitelabelling with Pendo Feedback.
This allows you to send email notifications from your own domain, as opposed to Pendo's own domain.
1. Choose a from email address for example firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc (should be a real email address at your actual domain).
Optional: Choose a from name for step 1. For example, "Company Name Feedback" or "Company Name Roadmap".
2. Choose a new hostname that Pendo Feedback will send emails from, for example feedbackmail.yourdomain.com. This should not already exist in DNS. (Note: this URL needs to be different from your white label domain. Example: feedbackmail.yourdomain.com instead of feedback.yourdomain.com.)
3. Choose a hostname that Pendo Feedback will use for clicktracking for example feedbackclicks.yourdomain.com. This should not already exist in DNS
4. Send the above information to email@example.com. We’ll configure whitelabelling on Pendo's servers.
1.) From email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFrom name: "Acme Corp Feedback"2.) Host: feedbackmail.acmecorp.com3.) Host for click tracking: feedbackclicks.acmecorp.com
6. Grab your DNS records from your Pendo Feedback account settings page and pass them to your network administrator to set up on your side. They will look similar to this:
7. Once your network administrator has set up the new DNS records, we’ll check them and activate your whitelabel emails.
8. Your emails will now be sent to your team and customers from email@example.com. Pendo Feedback's servers will sign the emails on your behalf for maximum deliverability.
Users can reply directly to some notifications, (status changes and comments) and their email reply is routed into your Pendo Feedback account. This is done with a special reply-to header on the email that looks something like firstname.lastname@example.org