As a Pendo user, connecting a mobile device is used for tagging mobile pages and features, as well as testing your guides on a mobile device before publishing them.
This is available for mobile customers using the 2.x SDKs.
How Do I Connect?
You can connect a device via our "Connect a new device" button from several places.
- During mobile page tagging
- When creating a mobile guide, either for guide preview or when selecting the guide's activation.
When you click on the "Connect a new device" button you will be prompted with 2 options to connect:
Scan the QR code
Copy/Paste a URL in your device browser
Scanning the QR code can usually be done with the device's camera, or with a QR scanner dedicated application on your device.
Connect your device
What Happens When I’m Connected?
As long as you're connected, you can see see a small Pendo icon hovering over your app. You can drag this icon in case it hides an important part of your app.
During the time your device is connected to Pendo, you can “Preview on device” and “Test full flow on device” to see guides even before they are published regardless of the guide’s segment or throttling. You can also capture pages to tag pages and features.
Once connected, your device stays connected to Pendo until you disconnect it. When you close and open the app on your device, it will immediately re-connect.
How Do I Disconnect?
To disconnect from Pendo, click the Pendo pink icon and disconnect.
- 'Permanently Disconnect' means that you will need to re-scan the QR code on your device the next time you want to connect your device.
- You may also "Disconnect from this session," which will connect you again the next time you launch the app.
I Scanned the QR Code and Nothing Happened
If the application does not launch after scanning the QR code, check with the application developer to ensure that the URL scheme is correct. Alternatively, check with your network admin that WebSockets are not blocked.
If the application launched, but you don’t see the Pendo pink icon, verify with the application developer that the application version, which is installed on your device, has the Pendo SDK integrated.
Safari Triggered an Error Message Saying Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid
Scenarios that resulted in this issue are:
- Scheme id not added / incorrect
- DNS restricts site and requires to add to whitelist
- The SDK was not installed correctly