This recipe will go over how to set your Resource Center Guides to be accessible wherever the Resource Center is accessible. The use case for this is guides tagged to particular elements or pages, because those guides do not show up in the Resource Center unless you are:
- On the page the guide is tagged too, and/or
- The element the guide is tagged too is visible on the page.
Ingredients (What Do I Need?)
- Pendo admin account permission or the following:
- User permission to create Guides
- User permission to publish Guides
- Target segment: Everyone (or a desired custom segment)
- Guide which is in the Resource Center, but is tagged to a particular page and/or element
How To Make It? (Step by Step Instructions)
Option 1: If you want the guide to show up on element/badge click, as well as in the Resource Center
Step 1. Clone the guide
- To clone -> Go to app.pendo.io/guides -> Select the guide in question -> Click the three dots in the top right hand corner of the screen -> select "Clone guide"
Step 2. Edit guide for Resource Center
- Name your guide accordingly - for example: Guide A - Resource Center Version
- Click "Manage in-app" and load the designer on any url in your application
- Click on "view steps" and click "Add a step"
- Select the layout - "Lightbox: Start from Scratch"
- When you're back in the designer, click on "view steps" again -> Click and Drag the newly added step to the beginning of the guide
- Customize this step to introduce your guide
- Do not tag it to an element or page
- Turn off all activation methods (click the activation icon in the top nav bar of the designer -> toggle off all three activation methods)
- Add a button to the guide step and add two actions - one to launch the page where the guide normally shows and one to advance the guide. See below:
See the guide image below as an example:
Step 3. Add this cloned guide to your Resource Center and remove the original. This guide will only show up in the Resource Center, but will be available anywhere that guide module and Resource Center are set to show up.
Option 2: If you only want the guide to show up from the Resource Center and/or Automatically
Step 1. Open the guide in question in the designer and follow Step 2 above.