In this article:
- Email notifications overview
- How to edit team member notifications
- How to edit customer notifications
Email Notifications Overview
A team member or Visitor becomes subscribed to a request when they create it, vote on it, or comment on it. At that point they are able to unsubscribe if they wish.
By default, you and your team members will all receive email notifications about requests when:
- A new request is created in your Feedback
- A request you are subscribed to has changed status
- A request you are subscribed to has been commented on
- You are tagged (mentioned) in a request by a fellow team member
Note: If you have multiple Apps in Pendo, you can choose which Apps you receive the "New Request Created" email notification for. To choose the Apps, log into your Feedback account, click your account icon in the top right:
Click " Email Settings" and select the Apps you want to be subscribed to:
As a team member, you can also opt in or out of Release Reports, Usage emails and Product emails:
If you pass Visitor email address into Pendo via the snippet then by default, your Visitors will all receive email notifications when:
- A request they are subscribed to has changed status
- A request they are subscribed to has been commented on
Global Email Settings
You have three account-wide options under your Settings > Product Settings > Email and whitelabel page:
- Disable notification emails to Visitors: this switches off Visitor emails globally. Use with care as users can always unsubscribe themselves from Feedback request notifications.
- Disable auto-login links in Visitor emails: if you're using Pendo Feedback internally only, you can still let them know you're making progress on the requests they've made. Just select this option to remove all of the links that log your Visitors directly into their Feedback dashboard.
- Disable notification emails to team members: this switches off team emails globally. Use with care as team members can always unsubscribe themselves from Feedback request notifications as described in the previous section.
How to edit team member notifications
As a team member, there are two methods through which you can edit your email settings - from Pendo Feedback emails or by logging into your Pendo Feedback account:
1) Through the email
You can use a link in Pendo emails to edit your own email notifications.
Do this by clicking the “Manage Email Preferences” link in the footer of any Pendo notification email.
You can then turn on or off the email notifications you wish to receive.
2) Within Pendo Feedback
Within the app you can edit your email preferences by clicking the cog next to your name in the top-left corner, and then selecting the "Email Settings" tab.
You can then check the boxes depending on which email notifications you wish to receive.
How to edit Visitor notifications
Visitor notifications can either be edited through the email footer link (by themselves) or through the user settings (by a team member).
1) Through the email (Visitor chooses their own preferences)
This is how Visitors can edit their own notifications.
In the footer of the email is a link titled "Manage email preferences", exactly the same as team members.
When they click the link, they see the list of options. Again, this is the same as the team member emails as shown in the previous section.
2) Within Pendo Feedback (this is done by a Team Member for a Visitor)
Log into Pendo Feedback and search for the name of the Visitor you want to edit:
Then select the "Users" tab. You can then click on the relevant Visitor.
Click the "Edit" button next to their name and profile picture.
Then select "Email settings" to see the list of checkboxes you can use to toggle notifications on or off.