Email Notifications Overview
A team member or Visitor becomes subscribed to a request when they create it, vote on it, or comment on it. At that point, they are able to unsubscribe if they wish.
To view your email settings, log into your Feedback account and click your account icon in the top right corner:
Select the third option "Email settings":
By default, you and your team members will all receive email notifications about requests when:
- A request you are subscribed to has changed status
- A request you are subscribed to has been commented on
- You are tagged (mentioned) in a request by a fellow team member
Note: Emails notifying you of a "New Request" are switched off by default. You can be selective with these notifications: If you have multiple Apps in Pendo, you can choose which Apps you receive the "New Request" email notification for. If you are using Product Areas, you can go even more granular and subscribe to new requests for the Product Areas you are interested in.
To subscribe to specific App & Product Area notifications, tick the "New Requests" box and choose "Specific Requests". This will open a drop-down menu where you can select the Apps and associated Product Areas you want to subscribe to:
If you pass Visitor email address into Pendo via the snippet then by default, your Visitors will all receive email notifications when:
- A request they are subscribed to has been commented on ("Comments")
- A request they are subscribed to has changed status ("Status Updates")
- A team member triggers a Visitor Engagement Email ("Release Reports")
- A team member sends a Flexible Email ("Product")
NOTE: "Release Reports" and "Product" emails in Visitor settings relate to your releases and product emails.
Global Email Settings
You have three account-wide options under your Settings > Product Settings > Email and Whitelabel page:
- Disable notification emails to Visitors: this switches off Visitor emails globally. Use with care as users can always unsubscribe themselves from Feedback request notifications.
- Disable auto-login links in Visitor emails: if you're in the early stages of using Pendo Feedback and not giving your visitors access just yet, you can still let them know you're making progress on the requests they've made. Select this option to remove all of the links from visitor emails that would otherwise allow them to login directly and view their Feedback dashboard.
- Disable notification emails to team members: this switches off team emails globally. Use with care as team members can always unsubscribe themselves from Feedback request notifications as described in the previous section.
How to edit team member notifications
As a team member, there are two methods through which you can edit your email settings:
1) Through Pendo Feedback emails
You can use a link in Pendo emails to edit your own email notifications.
Do this by clicking the “Manage Email Preferences” link in the footer of any Pendo notification email.
You can then turn on or off the email notifications you wish to receive.
2) Within Pendo Feedback
Within the app you can edit your email preferences by clicking the profile icon in the top-right corner, and then selecting the "Email Settings" tab.
You can then check the boxes depending on which email notifications you wish to receive.
How to edit Visitor notifications
Visitors can edit their own notifications, or team members can do it on their behalf:
1) Visitor edits their own preferences
Through Pendo Feedback emails:
In the footer of the email is a link titled "Manage email preferences", exactly the same as team members.
When they click the link, they see the list of email options available to them.
In their own Feedback settings:
Visitors will see their own email settings if they login to Pendo Feedback and click the profile icon in the top-right corner, and then selecting the "Email Settings" tab.
2) Team member edits a Visitor's email preferences
Log into Pendo Feedback and search for the name of the Visitor you want to edit, or find them by selecting an Account, scrolling down to the "Visitor" box and clicking the relevant Visitor.
Click the "Edit" button next to their name and profile picture.
Then select "Email settings" to see the list of checkboxes you can use to toggle notifications on or off.