Pendo SDK versions include new functionality, tagging enhancements, and bug fixes.
The hosting app determines which SDK version to use and as a result - the set of features that are available to the end-users. It's advisable to always update to the latest SDK with your new app versions in order to get all the latest features, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
Below are the Pendo Mobile SDK Versions and their features. We've included only minor SDK versions, use our SDK release notes for the list of all versions.
- NPS Poll
- Open Text Poll - receive qualitative feedback from your users
- Activate guides using track events - launch a guide upon an exception scenario in your app
- iOS system dialog support - tag system dialogs, their buttons, and launch guides
- React Native Codeless support - Promoted to GA
- Xamarin Support - Promoted to GA
- Number Scale Poll
- Android In-App Rating Support
- Tagging enhancement: iOS gestures support - tag any iOS button for which clicks are implemented via gestures. This generally provides better coverage for tagging iOS buttons
- Tagging enhancement: Android Dialog support - tag Android dialogs, their buttons, and launch guides
- Multiple Choice Poll
Tagging enhancement: Improved Android page identification
Technical enhancement: Better SDK Initialization - added a new initSDKWithoutVisitor API to support cases when a user's identity is not known at launch time
- Technical enhancement: Visitor metadata can include objects of any type and not just strings
- Technical enhancement: a new endSession API enables the app to clean the user data and stop sending analytics. This method can also be used when the app runs an android service
- Tooltip enhancements
- Support the out-animation of the guide and each step of the guide
- Limit the guide's width to get an optimal appearance on any mobile device. This feature is tailored for apps that run on tablets and phones
- Multi-Step guides for onboarding and new feature announcements
- Tooltips for guidance
Technical enhancement: Added new APIs
resumeGuidesto let the app control the presentation of guides to users
- In-App Messages Support
- Retroactive analytics - tag any page/feature in your app and get analytics from the time the SDK was installed
How to upgrade to a new SDK Version
In general, in order to upgrade the SDK version, the hosting app needs to change the number of the SDK in its build scripts. Use this article for upgrade instructions.
Due to of the nature of mobile app updates, when you upgrade the SDK version, it will take time until all your users have it installed. As a result, if you want to run an NPS campaign, it's advisable to upgrade to the SDK supporting NPS polls at least a month ahead of time to ensure that most of your users have NPS capabilitiesies on their devices when the campaign starts.