Track Events allows you to record any actions your users perform, together with any properties that describe the action so you can track user behavior in your mobile apps and use Pendo's analytics. Track events can also be used to trigger in-app guidance.
Note: We also have a codeless solution for selected Frameworks. Check this article to see if your app meets the technical criteria.
Here are some examples and use cases for mobile Track Events.
Analytics use cases
To get analytics on Page views and button clicks, you need to send a Track Event for each.
- Total and over-time app usage analytics (visitors, accounts, time in-app)
- Specific analytics on important app events and exception scenarios (login, completed transactions)
- Single user analytics
- Behavioral analytics: Retention, paths, funnels, custom reports
Guides use cases
You can show guides upon App Launch or when a Track Event is triggered. It's recommended to add Track Events to your app at places where you might want to trigger guides. All mobile guide types, except for tooltips, are supported:
- Onboarding Carousel (walkthrough)
- A single or multiple step onboarding flow (excludes tooltips)
- Get user feedback via Polls
- App Rating requests (iOS+Android)
- Feature announcement
- What’s new on the new version
- Upgrade your app version request
- Sunset old app versions
You can use Track Events to report on any event happening in your app. A few examples:
- Change of a user's status
- Actions performed by your user such as important business transactions etc.
- Button clicks or page views that you want to collect analytics on.