Tech Note: At the end of my multi-step guide, can I automatically launch the Resource Center?
Yes, but it requires using a custom code block building block and some custom code.
1) Find the guide ID for your Resource Center.
- In Pendo, go to Guides > Resource Center. If you have multiple Resource Centers in your subscription (if you have more than one product), click into the one that matches your product.
- Look at the URL. Look for the unique ID at the end. In this image below, it's 'HHOUnvbAZJprZiwPcsM1gEQfE5g'. That is the ID for my Resource Center. You will have a different ID.
2) Go to the guide that you want to modify and open it in the Designer.
3) Add a new guide step to the end.
4) Add the custom code block to the new guide step.
Make sure to replace 'XXX' with the Guide ID for the Resource Center that you found in step #1.
Here's what it looks like for my example:
When the visitor gets to the last guide step, the custom code will automatically open the Resource Center. Only one guide can be displayed at a time, so when the Resource Center is opened, it will also dismiss the original guide.
The last guide step will be completely invisible to the user.