To access the Mobile application settings:
- Navigate to Settings > Subscription Settings.
- Open the Applications tab.
- Find and open the relevant app from your Applications list.
Depending on your subscription, an application's settings consists of the following tabs:
- App Details, where you can view and configure basic settings for your mobile application.
- Raw Events, which displays a list of raw events coming into Pendo in a table view.
- Install Settings, where you can access, customize, and copy your install script.
- Localization Settings, where you can enable and configure support for multiple languages in your guides and Resource Center.
- App Versions, where you can view the different versions of your app that have Pendo.
|The name you see for the mobile application throughout Pendo. A subscription Admin can change this at any time.
|The operating system (OS) of the mobile application on which you're running Pendo.
|The unique identifier used within the Mobile SDK during installation to connect the Visual Design Studio with your Mobile application.
|The code used within the Mobile SDK during installation to authenticate and collect data from your application. The API key identifies data sent to Pendo to be associated with the specific application within the parent subscription.
|Show guide to anonymous visitors
|Whether anonymous visitors are included within guide segmentation. By default, this setting is turned off. If you change this setting, you must also reset the segment for each pre-existing guide that you want this change to impact. For more information, see Anonymous visitors.
|Count Track Events received for a visitor as time in application
|Allow Track Events to count toward a user’s time in your application. This setting is off by default.
|Track Event shared secret
|The key to connect Track Events to a specific app. This is only relevant for server-side or mobile Track Events. For more information, see Configure Track Events.
|Select Debug to pair your physical device or your device simulator to Pendo with a QR code or URL, respectively. This allows you to view the debug log, events, and device Info, such as app version, SDK version, device ID, OS, type of device, device model, locale, Visitor ID, and Account ID.
Pendo captures and displays user interactions with your application as raw “events” in the Events table in this tab. For more information, see Pendo data processing and visibility. The table includes the following information:
- Browser Time. The timestamp of the raw event captured while the visitor was using the mobile application.
- Agent Version. The version of the Pendo agent. This can be checked against your current agent version in the Agent Settings tab.
- Visitor. The Visitor ID of the end user who created the event.
- Account. The Account ID of the account that the visitor belongs to at the time the raw event was captured.
- Event. The type of raw event, such as click, load, or focus.
- Remote IP. The public IP address from which the raw event originates.
- Browser / OS. The browser and operating system from which the raw event originates.
- URL. The address of the page in your application from which the raw event originates.
- App. The application from which the raw event originates.
|Provides a link to the mobile integration instructions in GitHub.
|Verify Your Installation
|After installation, select type of device Start Verification to verify that Pendo is working as expected on your mobile application. This launches your application and checks that its collecting relevant data
This is where you enable and configure localization settings for the guides and Resource Center of a specific application in your subscription. For more information and instructions, see Localization.
|Allows you to support multiple languages for the guides and Resource Center of the application, and to display these in the language of your visitors’ preferences.
|Language Preference Metadata
|Allows you to specify the metadata that identifies your visitors' language preferences so that Pendo can accurately localize your guides and Resource Center.
The list of languages and associated metadata values selected for guide translation. Add a language to make it available for translation. These languages are used when determining Missing Translation Language Behavior.
Missing Translation Language Behavior
Show Default Language if Translation is Missing allows you to control whether visitors see guides in the default language when a translated version is unavailable.
If a translation is missing for a public guide or Resource Center, this setting shows the default language instead. If this is off, a visitor might not see the guide or Resource Center if their language metadata doesn't match a supported language.
The Version / SDK Compatibility table shows the different app builds (versions) and the SDK version those builds are working on. In consists of the following columns:
- App Version. The specific build of your mobile application. This is named according to your own naming convention for your mobile application.
- # Unique Visitors. The number of unique visitors for a specific app version.
- % Unique Visitors. The percentage of visitors across all your app versions that are using a specific app version.
- SDK Version. The version of Pendo's SDK is running on a specific app version.