Product Areas allow you to label and group similar areas of your product for filtering and color-coding in data visualizations throughout Pendo. This helps you quickly look at behavior analytics and guidance for the parts of the product you're responsible for.
You can organize many items in Pendo by Product Area, including Pages, Features, Track Events, Guides, Ideas, and Feedback requests. Product Areas are applied subscription wide. Any changes to the elements in the Product Area impact everyone in the subscription. Each Pendo user has their own filters to show or hide Product Areas throughout Pendo as needed.
- Pendo Admin users can create, edit, and delete Product Areas
- All users, except read-only, can reassign Product Areas
- All users can filter by Product Areas
Create Product Areas
You can create a Product Area on the Product Areas page or from the Product Areas dropdown on Pages, Features, Guides, or Track Events pages.
- Navigate to Product > Product Areas in Pendo Engage, then select + Create Product Area In the top-right corner of the page.
Alternatively, you can select + Create Product Area at the bottom of the Product Areas dropdown menu if you're on a page that can filter by Product Area.
- Enter a Product Area Name, then select a color to represent this Product Area. If you don't select a color, the selection defaults to bright pink.
- Select Create Product Area to save the new Product Area. You can now assign various Pendo items to your new Product Area, including Pages, Features, Track Events, Guides, Ideas, and Feedback requests.
View and manage Product Areas
To view your Product Area analytics, navigate to Product > Product Areas in the left-side navigation menu.
This page displays analytics linked to each Product Area, such as the total number of Pages, Features, and Track Events associated with each Product Area.
Note: You can adjust and add columns for your desired view.
If you want to view the analytics for a specific Product Area, select a Product Area name to view the Product Area Details page. This page provides a list of all the Pages, Features, and Track Events associated with that specific Product Area.
If you have Feedback enabled for your subscription, there's a Requests tab next to the Overview tab. If you select Requests, you can see the list of requests associated with that Product Area.
To see the full product request, you can select View in Pendo Feedback to see more details, including voters, comments, and any associated labels.
Edit and delete Product Areas
After you create a Product Area, you can go back and adjust the settings as needed. To edit, select the Product Area dropdown on any page where you can filter by Product Area and select the Edit icon. Make your desired changes, then select Save Product Area.
If you need to delete a Product Area, select Delete Product Area. This removes the Product Area assignment from all Pendo items associated with it.