Pendo supports Shadow DOM elements for feature tagging and page element positioning for Guides.
What is a Shadow DOM?
It is a web development technique designed to encapsulate web components from other code on the page. Read more about Shadow DOM here.
- An application with Shadow DOM elements in "open" mode
- Agent version 2.38.0 and above
Working with Shadow DOM elements in Pendo isn’t any different from working with standard DOM elements. You can still point and click in the designer to tag a feature or to position a guide near an element on the page. What you should be aware of:
- Please use a browser that supports Shadow DOM elements when working with the Visual Design Studio to ensure accurate tagging.
- Element hover activation for Guides will not currently work for elements inside a Shadow DOM.
- Pendo does not currently work with Shadow DOM elements in "closed" mode.