This article describes how to connect Tray.io to Pendo so that you can then use it as a connector for various integration use cases.
Tray.io is a cloud-based automation platform that enables businesses to integrate applications, data sources, and workflows, with less reliance on coding or development resources. Other companies such as Intercom, Segment, and Outreach also use Tray.io to connect systems and automate data transfer between tools in their cloud tech stack through APIs.
How it works
Tray.io is an integration Platform as as Service (iPaaS) technology vendor that serves as a connector for building internal workflow automations that API connections. It provides a visual interface for building, orchestrating, and automating workflows, called "trays". This allows non-engineering teams to build and launch new integrations, offloading the complexities of interacting with third-party app APIs.
Tray.io is a very flexible service. There's no one way of working with it. You can pull whatever data you need from other services and work with that date using Pendo's connector in Tray.io. The Pendo connector powers all connections into Pendo APIs. When you build an integration to Pendo in Tray.io, you add the Pendo connector to a workflow and then choose an API operation. Basic operations that you can complete with Tray.io include:
- Getting report contents
- Listing reports
- Updating object values
To use Tray.io as a connector, you must
- Be a Pendo Admin user. For information, see Roles and permissions.
- Be a Tray.io Admin user.
- Have an active Pendo Webhooks subscription.
- Have an active Tray.io subscription.
Step 1. Generate an integration key in Pendo
You need a Pendo integration key to Set up authentication in Tray.io (Step 2) to Tray.io. You can either use an existing key or create a new one in Pendo from Settings > Integrations > Integration Keys. For full instructions, see Pendo Integration Key.
Step 2. Set up authentication in Tray.io
- In your Tray.io account page, select the workflow you want to work on.
- In the workflow's dashboard, search for and drag the Pendo connector from the connector's panel on the left onto your workflow.
- With the Pendo connector highlighted, select New Authentication in the properties panel on the right. This opens a Tray.io authentication window.
- Name your authentication, for example, "Pendo account".
- Choose the level of authentication: Personal or Organization.
- Select Next step.
- Enter your Pendo integration key (Step 1) into the x-pendo-integration-key field.
- Select Add authentication.
- Navigate back to properties panel in your workflow's dashboard, and select the recently added authentication from the dropdown of options.
Operations in Tray.io are individual tasks or actions that can be performed within a workflow. These operations are building blocks that you can drag and drop onto your workflow to create an automation sequence. Operations represent specific functionalities.
Aggregations are a query language for accessing and processing Pendo data.
Get account by ID
Gets an account object using an account ID.
Get report contents
Returns report contents as JSON.
Get report contents as CSV
Returns report contents as CSV.
Get visitor by ID
Retrieves visitor specific details by a visitor ID.
Get visitor history
Returns a summary of visitor activity for a 24 hour time period.
Returns all public reports for a subscription.
Update object values
Sets the value of multiple metadata fields on a set of accounts or visitors.