The Resource Center Metrics tab provides detailed usage metrics for your resource center, modules, and guides within those modules. These metrics surface data on views, visitors, and usage. You can get total and comparative insights into which modules are used or not used and drill into usage by segment or time frame. Discover if new users are using your onboarding checklist or using other resources. Find out how many users are really looking at your announcements. Drill into who is using your self-help modules.
You can access the Metrics tab after clicking into Resource Center details. This is next to the Settings tab, where you manage modules and publish your resource center.
The Metrics tab includes several sections that filter and surface resource center usage data.
- Top Stats
- Resource center views/visitors table
- Module data and usage
- Resource center-activated guide usage
- Pendo Agent v2.111.0 or greater
- Resource Center created, must be published out of draft status to have usage data
Filters control the data displayed in charts and tables. Control the segment, date range, account, and language version of the resource center if you're using Localization for resource center translation.
This selector is sticky at the top of page when scrolling so you can easily make changes to your selections while looking at each chart.
- Segment - Pick a segment to see how certain groups use your resource center. Default is everyone.
- Date Range - Restrict data to the selected date range. Pre-defined ranges for Today, Yesterday, Last 7/30/60/90/180 Days, and Custom Date up to 1 year are available.
- Accounts - A list of every account ID in the subscription to quickly segment by account. Default is all accounts.
- Languages - All languages configured in the app are available even if they aren't translated. Default is all languages.
The Top Stats chart highlights overall usage of your resource center.
- Total Views - Number of times the Home view was seen
- Visitor Ratio - The number of visitors who have seen the resource center out of the total number of eligible visitors. Since the resource center as a whole doesn't have a segment, eligible visitors are determined by the segments of modules in the resource center. If a module is segmented for everyone, this number represents every eligible visitor ever.
Tips: Events used to calculate total views and unique visitors in the visitor ratio are filtered by segment, date range, account, and language. Eligible visitors are not influenced by the filter.
Resource Center Views Chart
The Resource Center Views chart shows a bar chart of total views broken down by first time views and repeat views.
- The visualization can be adjusted using the drop down menus to show weekly or monthly view totals and number of views or number of unique visitors.
- + Add Feature adds feature usage data from your tagged features to the chart with your resource center view data.
- Click on a data element in the footer to toggle it on and off in the chart.
Feature overlay provides insight into how the resource center has affected feature usage. If resource center content has been built to launch a feature or direct users to an existing feature, it's important to track the impact your content has on actual usage.
Select tagged features in the + Add Feature menu to add feature click data to the Resource Center Views chart. You can select multiple features, then click out of the dropdown menu to add them to the chart and process the new data. Core events are prioritized in the searchable pick list with all other features listed below. There is no limit to the number of features that can be added but too many features can clutter the visualization and the Y-axis scale will adjust to accommodate the number of feature clicks.
Resource Center Modules Activity Table
The Resource Center Modules activity table shows usage and configuration details for all of your modules and any guides in those modules. Expand a module that contains guides, like a guide list, announcements, or onboarding checklist module, to see additional information about those guides. Usage data shows the number of unique visitors and the number of clicks and views for your modules or guides. It also shows how frequently modules are used compared to others as the percentage of total clicks.
The default order is the order of the modules configured in your Resource Center but you can sort the table using any column. Rank your modules by usage or group them by segment to look for trends.
Click on the name of the module or guide to go directly to the details page and make any changes to settings or design.
Note: The number of clicks may not match the number of views exactly. A module will display automatically if it's the only module visible to a user based on target segments or page and element targeting rules. This would result in a module view without a click. A module may also be hidden from a user if they aren't eligible for any guides in that module. This will likely result in low usage for a module that has a large target segment.
Visitor and account list slide-out
Click on the number of views to open a slide-out that shows the visitors and accounts who viewed that module or guide.
- Click + Create Segment to create a segment for all visitors or accounts who have viewed the module ever. This segment is similar to segmenting by feature usage and can be used for analytics or guide targeting.
- Download the list as a CSV to export the visitor list and use it for third-party analytics or communications.
- Click on an ID to go to the details page for that visitor or account.