The Guides Overview shows all Guides in your subscription with many filtering options for seeing Guide status, activity, and management. You can add columns to your Guide List to quickly view and sort by Guide details. Basic Guide controls, like publishing, changing status, or deletion, can be done directly from the Guide Overview page. The Guide List can be be downloaded as a CSV to manage your Guide List and Guide data outside of Pendo. The Guide Overview has tools for Product Managers, Content Creators, or anyone working with customer engagement to visualize Guide health and activity.
Guide Filters control the data values shown in the columns of the Guide List and the Guides shown in the Guide List.
Dropdown menus for Segment, Time, and Accounts segment the data that appears in columns for Guide Visitors and Guide Views. These Filters are also available in Guide Metrics when you click into Details for a specific Guide.
Guide List Filters
Search, Star, App, and Pick Lists filter the Guides that are shown in the Guide List by many different criteria.
- Search uses the search query to filter the Guide List by Guide Name, Created By, or Last Updated By.
- Star is an individual list of highlighted Guides. Click the star next to a Guide in the Guide List to add it. Your starred Guide List is only visible to you.
- App filters by Guides that display in the selected app, web apps, or mobile apps.
- Groups filters by the Groups you have assigned to your Guides.
- Statuses filters by the Status of Guides; Draft, Staged, Scheduled, Public, or Disabled.
- Activations filters by the Activation method of Guides; App Launch, Automatically, Badge, Element Click, Guide Center, Page View, Programmatically, or Resource Center.
- Expirations filters by active and expired Guides.
- Guide Types filters by Guide Types used in the Visual Design Studio and Classic Designer.
- Created By filters by the user who created the Guide. The list automatically populates with the user names of Pendo users who have created Guides.
- Device Types filters Guides by the device they will display on including mobile Guides. Available options are Desktop, Mobile Web, Desktop and Mobile Web, iOS, or Android devices. Select iOS or Android to view Mobiles Guides.
Guide List columns allow you to see the details of each Guide, sort by different parameters, and quickly assess the activity and health of your Guides.
Guide Name and Status always displays but every other column in the Guide List can be added, removed, or reordered to your individual preference.
Tip: Named Custom Segments in the Target Segment column are clickable and take you directly to the details of that Segment on the Segment page in People. Default Segments, like Everyone, and custom segments for individual Guides aren't on the Segments page and are not clickable.
1. Click Edit Columns to open the Manage Columns menu.
2. Click + Add Column to add a new column.
3. Select the Column parameter from the list.
4. Click and drag the Ellipse next to the Column to reorder columns.
5. Save to update the Guide List.
Changing Guide Status
Note: Only Admins and users with Manage Published Guides can change Guide status to or out of Public.
The Status column can be used to quickly change the Status of a Guide without having to click into Guide Details. Guide Status will change immediately when you select an option from the dropdown menu.
Changing a Guide to Public requires additional confirmation and displays the Segment and eligible Visitor count.
Delete a Guide
Deleting a Guide permanently removes the Guide from your subscription and cannot be undone. If you want to take down a Public Guide, change it to any other status. If you want to remove a Guide from working queues in Draft or Staged, use the Disabled status.
Hover over a Guide to show the Delete button.
Click the Delete button and confirm to permanently remove the Guide from the subscription.
Download Guide List
Download CSV downloads the currently displayed Guide List and columns as a Comma-Separated Values (CSV) file. This file can be used outside of Pendo in other spreadsheet or data visualization tools. It does not contain any examples of Guide content or identifiable Visitor or Account information unless it is named in a Guide Name or Segment.