Drift is a conversational marketing platform that you can integrate into the Pendo Resource Center. This allows your marketing, sales, and customer teams to answer questions in real time from the same place where your customers look for guides, help center articles, and so on.
The Drift integration is a paid add-on for all Pendo subscriptions and requires agent version 2.182.0 or greater.
You must have the following permissions to set up the Drift integration with Pendo Resource Center:
- Administrator permissions in your Pendo account.
- Administrator permissions in your Drift account.
Setting up the Drift integration with the Resource Center involves the following broad steps:
- Copy the Drift snippet code into your app code.
- Add Drift to the Resource Center.
- Configure your Resource Center.
- Publish your Resource Center.
Step 1. Copy the Drift snippet into your app code
- Add this snippet to the common HTML template you have for your application.
For more information on the HTML template, see Planning your Pendo installation.
Step 2. Add Drift to the Resource Center
The next step is to add Drift as a module option for your Resource Center.
- In Pendo, navigate to Settings > Integrations.
- Find and open the Drift Chat integration. This opens a panel on the right side of the screen.
Note: If you had a previous Drift Chat integration, don't choose the Legacy option.
- Open the Staging Setup tab and toggle the Status on.
- Provide a name and a description for the Drift module.
- Select Save to continue. This opens a window that asks you whether you want to publish the module to the Resource Center.
- Select Publish and then Click to Finish.
Step 3. Configure your Resource Center to include Drift
Next, add Drift Chat as a module to your Resource Center and test it.
- In Guides > Resource Center, hover over the draft of your Resource Center. Drift Chat should be a module in this draft.
- Optionally, reorder the modules in your Resource Center by selecting Manage in my app next to Push to Staging.
- Select Push to Staging. This allows you to review the new Resource Center and test the integration in your staging environment before pushing to production.
Step 4. Publish your Resource Center
Finally, promote your newly configured Resource Center to your production environment.
- Once you've tested the new Resource Center, select Push to Production.
- Verify that the Drift Chat module is now available in your public Resource Center by going to your application and opening the Resource Center.