If your website's UI uses a right-to-left (RTL) language, you can select the same language for the Resource Center so that the layout, text, badge and alert badge, and other elements in the Resource Center match the text direction of the website.
Note: RTL language support for the Resource Center is supported from Agent version 2.192.0 or above.
Add RTL language
These are the steps required to add an RTL language to your application.
- Go to Subscription Settings and select your app.
- Select the Localization tab and follow the instructions detailed in Set up localization settings to add your RTL language, for example, Arabic or Hebrew, to the Translation list.
- Import the XLIFF to the Resource Center.
The position of the badge and alert badge can be set to match the text direction or remain static.
- In the Activation tile, select Edit position.
- In the Badge position window, select an option:
- Match text direction - Changes the badge position based on the language you selected. The alert badge also mirrors the change in text direction.
Static - Remains static so that your badge design settings and configuration in the Visual Design Studio are not affected by the language direction.
- Select Apply to finish.
Module behavior with right-to-left languages
When your website uses a right-to-left language, the elements inside each module match the text direction. This relates to the following:
- All module titles and subtitles
- Guide names, keywords, search bar, and search results text in Guide List modules
- Close buttons, arrows, and punctuation marks
- Guide name, step counter, progress bar, and progress icons in Onboarding Modules
Announcements and guide content, other than the name, are translated using Localization settings for the specific Guide.
For information on adding modules, see Add modules.