Accounts reports give you visibility into the metadata you're collecting with your Account IDs and aggregated data for the visitors in those accounts. Depending on the account metadata you're sending to Pendo, you can use account reports to view metadata from account profiles in your app, fields in CRM platforms, and product usage data.
Anyone in your subscription can create account reports and access them from the Accounts page. You can use tools in the report to export it as a CSV, refresh the data, edit the report, duplicate it, delete it, or subscribe to the report for weekly email updates.
This article reviews how to access, create, and manage account reports in Pendo Engage.
Access account reports
You can view existing and create new account reports on the Accounts page. Navigate to People > Accounts, then select the Account Reports tab at the top of the page.
The Reports table shows all account reports that are shared with everyone or created by you. The table columns include basic information like name, time range of report data, who created it, visibility of the report, which app the report queries, and which segment the report targets.
Create an account report
There are two ways to create an account report on the Accounts page: with the Accounts list in the Overview tab or from the Account Reports tab.
Tip: Consider coming up with a naming convention and sharing policy for Pendo reports. Many users across multiple departments might create reports as they're analyzing segments. Naming reports by department, project, or meeting and only sharing with everyone when necessary can help keep the list of account reports manageable.
Create report from Accounts list
Creating a report from the Accounts list is helpful when you're doing a quick analysis on a segment of accounts on the Accounts page and want to save the details for later or share it with someone.
To save the list of accounts in the Accounts table, select the Overview tab on the Accounts page, locate the table at the bottom of the page, then select + Create Account Report.
This opens the Create Account Report dialog, which includes all filters applied on the Accounts page and all columns added to the Accounts table. Enter a Name for the report, adjust your filters and columns as needed, then select Create Report.
Create report from Account Reports tab
Creating a report from the Account Reports tab is useful when you want to start from scratch and build a customized account report to meet your specific requirements.
On the Accounts page, select the Account Reports tab, then select Create Report to open the Create Account Report dialog.
Complete each field to configure your report:
- Name. Enter a description for the name so that you can easily identify and access it later.
- Visibility. Choose whether you want this report to only be viewable by only you or everyone in the Pendo subscription.
- App. Select the app you want to pull data from if you have a multi-app subscription.
- Segment. Choose an existing or create a new segment to apply to the report.
- Date Range. Choose a specific date range for the data set.
- Columns. Select Add Column for each data point you'd like to add as a column in the report. This can include useful properties like number of Feature clicks and guide views. To reorder columns you've already selected, select the far-left of the column and drag-and-drop to your desired placement.
Once you complete each field, select Create Report.
Interpret your account report
Once you save your account report, it runs automatically and your data displays as soon as it's ready, usually within a few seconds. Complex reports querying large data sets may take slightly longer.
The Report Summary at the top of the report provides an overview of the report data. If you have an integration with Salesforce, this also includes the Salesforce Push option to send the report data to Salesforce.
The Accounts table shows all of the Account IDs that match your filters and includes columns that display the data you queried for those accounts. You can select an Account ID to open the individual account's details and select a column header to sort the table by the information in that column.
If the table has more columns than your browser's width can display at once, the first column remains fixed while scrolling horizontally so that the Account IDs always remain visible while you review your data.
Manage your account report
Several tools are available in the top-right corner of the page to help you manage your account report.
- Download CSV. Select the CSV button to export your report to a CSV file. The file contains all of the Account IDs and column values in CSV format.
- Rerun report. Select the Rerun icon to immediately process your report using the most current available data.
- Edit report. Select the Edit icon to modify the filters and columns in the report, then select Save Report to save your changes and rerun the report.
- Duplicate report. Select the Copy icon to create a new account report that's identical to this one and use it as a template. By default, the duplicate report's name is "Copy of [original report name]" and the default visibility is set to Only Me, so adjust these fields to your preference.
- Delete report. Select the Delete icon to permanently delete the report from your Pendo subscription. If this report is visible to everyone, it deletes the report for all users.
- Subscribe (or unsubscribe) to report updates. Select Subscribe to get emailed a weekly summary of this report. Report summaries are emailed between 5 AM and 8 AM subscription time. The email includes a total count of report results, percentage change from the previous week, link to the report in Pendo, first ten accounts in the report, and first three columns in the report. If you've already subscribed to report updates, the button says Unsubscribe. Select this to unsubscribe from weekly report updates.
Tip: If you're interested in exporting and automating account report data in Google Sheets, see Export and automate visitor and account reports in Google Sheets.