Pendo uses the term “accounts” to refer to collections of visitors associated to a specific or multiple groups. You can access account data throughout Pendo and access specific account details under People > Account.
When you select an Account ID from the Accounts table or search for a specific account in the top-right corner of the Accounts page, you are directed to the Account Details page. The Account Details page provides insights that are specific to an individual account, including metadata values, usage information, and more.
This article reviews how to interpret the Account Details page in Pendo.
Like most pages in Pendo, you can find a date range filter and app filter (if you have more than one app in your subscription) at the top of the Account Details page. Use these filters to customize the data displayed in the metrics, charts, and tables to meet your needs. These filters won’t impact the data in the Details section.
View account details
By default, certain details like Pendo settings and the most recent metadata values stored for an account are collapsed. Select the Details dropdown component to expand these details.
The Pendo Settings section includes several self-explanatory metadata fields. Here are definitions for the fields that might not be as straightforward:
- Exclude list. Indicates whether the account is currently on the Exclude List and provides a direct link to add the account to the Exclude List if necessary.
- Hide web guides from this account. If enabled, this setting removes all visitors in the account from the segments for all current and future guides. If you don’t see this setting and are interested in enabling it, contact Technical Support.
- Do Not Process (GDPR). If enabled, this prevents Pendo from collecting events for or displaying guides to any visitor in this account.
Below the Pendo Settings section, you can find a few different sections that contain the metadata fields and values that are set up under Settings > Data Mappings. Each of these sections display the last value received by Pendo:
- Agent metadata includes all values that are passed through the Pendo agent.
- Integration-specific metadata, such as Salesforce, HubSpot, and Segment.com, consist of values that are passed through third-party integrations.
- Custom metadata includes all values that are either created and manually updated in the UI or the API.
While metadata can change over time, Pendo only displays the most recently received values, regardless of the date or app filters applied. If you have historical metadata enabled, you can use Data Explorer to view changes in metadata values over time.
View account metrics
Below the Details dropdown, you can find several basic metrics on the Account Details page. These metrics include the following:
- Unique visitors. Indicates the number of unique visitors who were active in the account.
- Number of days active. Indicates the total number of days that the visitors associated with the account have used your apps. A visitor is considered active if they generate at least one event within a 24-hour period.
- Total time. Indicates the total amount of time that visitors in this account have spent in your apps. We add one minute to the counter for each minute we register an event, and we don’t include inactive periods, such as having the app open in a background browser tab.
- Usage trending. Indicates whether the account's overall usage is trending up or down. It compares the account's total time for the selected date range (period n) to the previous period of equal length (n-1).
- Revenue. Indicates the total amount of revenue this account generates based on the related metadata field. To learn more, see Configure account revenue.
Understand account charts and tables
The Account Details page includes several charts and tables that provide more insight into the account's activity in your apps. If there are multiple apps in your subscription, the charts and tables might have an additional app filter that impacts the displayed data.
Line chart for activity
The line chart provides a snapshot of the account's activity and displays all Daily Visitors over the selected date range by default. Select the dropdown arrows in the chart title to modify the date range and data displayed, such as Weekly Time on Apps.
Hover over a data point in the chart to view the total number of events or time spent in your apps. If you have multiple apps, select the app names in the legend at the bottom of the chart to update the displayed app data.
Treemap for Page usage
The Page Usage treemap displays overall Page activity for the account over the selected date range. Each Page is color-coded by the associated Product Area. By default, the chart shows Page Loads, which represents the number of times that a visitor opened or refreshed a specific Page. Select the dropdown arrow in the title to change the view to Unique Visitors or Time on Page.
Hover over a Page to view the full Page name, the total number of events (Page views or loads) for that Page, the number of visitors who loaded the page, and the total time visitors spent on that Page.
Treemap for Feature usage
The Feature Usage treemap displays overall Feature activity for the account over the selected date range. Each Feature is color-coded by the associated Product Area. By default, the chart shows Clicks. Select the dropdown arrow in the title to change the view to Unique Visitors.
Hover over a Feature to view the full Feature name, the number of events (interactions) for that specific Feature, and the number of visitors who interacted with the Feature.
Table for top parameters
If you’re using parameterized URLs, the Top Parameters table displays the top parameters for the account and includes the Page, parameter, and number of views for that parameter.
If the account has no events during the specified time range or app and has no events on a tagged Page where the Page rule has *parameter* present, this section doesn’t display.
The Visitors table contains a list of visitors associated with the account. Select a Visitor ID to open the Visitor Details page for a specific visitor.
If you have Pendo Feedback enabled, there’s also a Feedback tab at the top of the Account Details page. Select this tab to view the full list of product requests associated with the account.
The table shows the name, status, and priority of each feedback request visitors from the account have created or voted on. If a visitor from the account has voted on a feedback request, the date range filter corresponds to the date the visitor voted on the request rather than the date the request was created.
Select the name of a product request to open the request in Pendo Feedback and view the voters, comments, and any labels attached to the feedback request.