Visitor reports are the best way to see detailed information about a segment, such as who they are, what metadata values they have, and what their product usage is. Anyone in your subscription can create visitor reports and access them from the Visitors page. You can use tools in the report to export it as a CSV, refresh the data, edit the report, duplicate it, delete it, or subscribe to the report for weekly email updates.
This article reviews how to access, create, and manage visitor reports in Pendo Engage.
Access visitor reports
You can view existing and create new visitor reports on the Visitors page. Navigate to People > Visitors, then select the Visitor Reports tab at the top of the page.
The Reports table shows all visitor reports that are shared with everyone or created by you. The table columns include basic information like name, time range of report data, who created it, visibility of the report, which app the report queries, and which segment the report targets.
Create a visitor report
There are two ways to create a visitor report on the Visitors page: with the Visitors list in the Overview tab or from the Visitor Reports tab.
Tip: Consider coming up with a naming convention and sharing policy for Pendo reports. Many users across multiple departments might create reports as they're analyzing segments. Naming reports by department, project, or meeting and only sharing with everyone when necessary can help keep the list of visitor reports manageable.
Create report from Visitors list
Creating a report from the Visitors list is helpful when you're doing a quick analysis on a segment of visitors on the Visitors page and want to save the details for later or share it with someone.
To save the list of visitors in the Visitors table, select the Overview tab on the Visitors page, locate the table at the bottom of the page, then select + Create Visitor Report.
This opens the Create Visitor Report dialog, which includes all filters applied on the Visitors page and all columns added to the Visitors table. Enter a Name for the report, adjust your filters and columns as needed, then select Create Report.
Create report from Visitor Reports tab
Creating a report from the Visitor Reports tab is useful when you want to start from scratch and build a customized visitor report to meet your specific requirements.
On the Visitors page, select the Visitor Reports tab, then select Create Report to open the Create Visitor Report dialog.
Complete each field to configure your report:
- Name. Enter a description for the name so that you can easily identify and access it later.
- Visibility. Choose whether you want this report to only be viewable by only you or everyone in the Pendo subscription.
- App. Select the app you want to pull data from if you have a multi-app subscription.
- Segment. Choose an existing or create a new segment to apply to the report.
- Account. Select an account if you want to only view users from a specific account.
- Date Range. Choose a specific date range for the data set.
- Columns. Select Add Column for each data point you'd like to add as a column in the report. This can include useful properties like number of Feature clicks, poll responses, or browser session details. To reorder columns you've already selected, select the far-left of the column and drag-and-drop to your desired placement.
Once you complete each field, select Create Report.
Note: A report includes each unique combination of included fields. When using an account-level field (such as Account ID), visitors with multiple accounts always show up as separate rows. If some events are associated with an account and other events aren't, this would also result in a visitor appearing more than once if an account-level field is used.
Interpret your visitor report
Once you save your visitor report, it runs automatically and your data displays as soon as it's ready, usually within a few seconds. Complex reports querying large data sets may take slightly longer.
The Report Summary at the top of the report provides an overview of the report data. If you have an integration with Salesforce, this also includes the Salesforce Push option to send the report data to Salesforce.
The Visitors table shows all of the Visitor IDs that match your filters and includes columns that display the data you queried for those accounts. You can select a Visitor ID to open the individual visitor's details and select a column header to sort the table by the information in that column.
If the table has more columns than your browser's width can display at once, the first column remains fixed while scrolling horizontally so that the Visitor IDs always remain visible while you review your data.
Manage your visitor report
Several tools are available in the top-right corner of the page to help you manage your visitor report.
- Download CSV. Select the CSV button to export your report to a CSV file. The file contains all of the Visitor IDs and column values in CSV format.
- Rerun report. Select the Rerun icon to immediately process your report using the most current available data.
- Edit report. Select the Edit icon to modify the filters and columns in the report, then select Save Report to save your changes and rerun the report.
- Duplicate report. Select the Copy icon to create a new visitor report that's identical to this one and use it as a template. By default, the duplicate report's name is "Copy of [original report name]" and the default visibility is set to Only Me, so adjust these fields to your preference.
- Delete report. Select the Delete icon to permanently delete the report from your Pendo subscription. If this report is visible to everyone, it deletes the report for all users.
- Subscribe (or unsubscribe) to report updates. Select Subscribe to get emailed a weekly summary of this report. Report summaries are emailed between 5 AM and 8 AM subscription time. The email includes a total count of report results, percentage change from the previous week, link to the report in Pendo, first ten visitors in the report, and first three columns in the report. If you've already subscribed to report updates, the button says Unsubscribe. Select this to unsubscribe from weekly report updates.
Tip: If you're interested in exporting and automating visitor report data in Google Sheets, see Export and automate visitor and account reports in Google Sheets.