Pendo's Feedback Policy
True to our values, we are maniacally focused on our customers. Because of this we take customer feedback very seriously. We use your feedback to improve our current products and to help identify the most important problems, experiments, and opportunities to innovate so we can deliver features that will provide the most value to you and your company.
Why would you give us feedback?
It’s important that our customers have a say in where we take the product. We learn more from you through your feedback than you know, especially why something is important to you and your company. You’re ultimately helping us understand what you need from us, to deliver value to your customers and to enhance the experience of all Pendo customers.
How can I send you my feedback?
It’s simple! Open our Resource Center (visible when you’re logged into https://app.pendo.io/). Click on Share your Feedback, and then Make a Suggestion. Complete the Submit a request form, be as detailed as you can, and click Submit request.
Can I see feedback from other customers?
Yes! You can vote on feedback from other customers and add your use cases in the comments.
We highly recommend expanding the Feedback area into the full screen view to get the full experience. There are more features available in the full screen view, like a detailed view of your previous feedback requests and requests from other users. Commenting, prioritizing, and interacting with feedback requests helps us understand which requests are most important to you.
Can I prioritize my feedback?
Yes! Prioritizing your requests regularly helps our product team understand what matters most to you. When you have added or clicked I want this on three requests, you can use the priority sliders to show us your top requests. But when you increase the priority for one request, the others will decrease proportionally. Everything can’t be the #1 priority, even though we know it feels like that sometimes!
What happens to my feedback?
When your request is added to Feedback, it becomes part of our request library which is used by our product team to develop our roadmap and research new features and enhancements.
New requests automatically land in the Not Reviewed status. This just means the Pendo Product Team hasn’t reviewed the request yet but we will!
After the team has reviewed your request, there are three possible outcomes.
- Most new requests will be set to Awaiting Feedback to give other customers time to vote and prioritize. When we have gathered more data, the request will be moved to Planned or Declined.
- Planned means that the work is already planned or will be planned for delivery over the next few months. It’s likely we’ll reach out to you for early feedback or beta participation if you submitted or clicked I want this on the feedback request. Feel free to add a comment indicating interest in a sneak peek when we kick off delivery.
- Declined could mean a few things.
- You can already achieve the outcome you’re looking for in the app. In this case, we’ll let you know how.
- We already have this request covered under another planned request and we’re declining your request to keep our data clean.
- We won’t accommodate the request because it doesn’t align with the direction of our product.
We review top requests and those that align with our current strategy at least every two weeks. When we review requests we determine if our team can pick up requests for investigation or if they align with an upcoming project. We won’t necessarily review every pending request every two weeks. Feedback has powerful filtering tools that allow us to find the most important and most relevant requests that we need for planning.
When the status changes, you’ll be notified via email so you can easily keep up with the progress of your feedback requests..
If your request has been changed to Planned, the next step is for us to build it! Look for another email update when our engineers have kicked off the project and the status changes to Building. You may even get communication from us on early feedback and beta opportunities.
And of course, once the feature is live, we’ll update the status of your request to Released! That means you’ll be able to use the new feature or functionality in Pendo. Look for in-app Announcements, Guides, and Help Center articles to learn more about your new feature.
How can I add my voice to your current projects and understand what you are working on?
In Pendo Feedback you have your own Dashboard where you can see the status of every request you are interested in.
Click the full screen button in the Share your Feedback section of the Resource Center. Here you will find the status of all requests you are interested in, our recent releases, what we’re planning, and what is currently being built.
We love hearing your comments and use cases on requests that are already on our roadmap. Click into a request with a status of Planned or Building and add your comments for our product team.
What happens if your feedback is ‘stuck’?
If we haven't reviewed your request yet and it is a high priority for you there are a couple things you can do.
- Make sure it's at the top of your priority list
- Make sure your request is clear. More details are really beneficial here. If your request is specific it minimizes the discovery and assumptions we need to reach a solution. Please add these details in a comment on your request.
- Make sure you at least answer these questions. Why do you need this? What are you trying to do that you can’t do currently? What is the impact of that?