You can launch Feedback to customers so that they can submit their own requests through the application. There are various ways to allow your customers to submit requests through your application:
- Portal (default view). A full-screen view of Feedback accessed with a link or button that you add to your application.
- Widget view. A tab on the right-side of your application prompting your visitors to submit a request through a side panel that slides out.
- Resource Center. A module in the Resource Center that sits alongside your Support channels, knowledge base, and so on.
- Intercom. Feedback embedded into Intercom messenger, or an Answer Bot configured to send a Feedback link when a visitor types something that sounds like a request.
For information on how to launch Feedback to your customers and set up these options for providing feedback, see Grant Feedback access to customers.
Portal (default view)
The portal view of Feedback offers your visitors a similar full-screen view of Feedback as the internal view, but with fewer options in the left-side navigation. Visitors see:
- A Dashboard, where they can make a suggestion, see what’s new, view their priorities, and see what’s been suggested by others. This is different from the vendor Dashboard in the internal view.
- A product Releases page, where they can see a log of requests that have a status of “Released” and how long ago they were released.
- A What’s Coming? Page that shows users what you’re planning and building. You must have “What’s Coming?” visibility set to Visitors and Team or Public on the Web in Feedback Settings for this report to be visible. Admins can customize this list in Reports > What’s Coming.
If your product is complex, your visitors might want to look at feedback based on different aspects of your application, like design or integrations. Visitors can narrow down the requests they see on their Dashboard to a specific part of your product using the Apps and Product Areas filters.
You can allow customers to access Feedback through the portal with a link or button embedded into your app. For instructions, see Grant Feedback access to customers. In the example, below, the end-user accesses the portal (full screen view) through a Product Feedback link in their Options dropdown menu. Choosing this option opens the Feedback portal in the same or a new page, depending on how you configure it.
By default, the portal URL appears as feedback.pendo.io, but you can customize this. For more information, see Feedback branding and appearance.
The widget view embeds Feedback into your application as a tab that slides out. This allows users to:
- Make a suggestion through a request form.
- Look at what’s already been released.
- See and vote on what’s been suggested by others.
- View their priorities.
The default tab is located in the right-side of your application and says “Suggest a Request”. You can change the location, color, and wording of this tab. You can also use your own custom link or button to open the widget. For more information see Grant Feedback access to customers.
When your visitors open this tab, Feedback opens in a slide-out panel. From here, your customers can add new requests or interact with existing feedback. They can also switch to the portal view using the maximize icon in the top-right.
You can add Feedback as a module alongside other options in the Resource Center, where your visitors already come for product-related questions and communications. If enabled, the Resource Center is located in the bottom-right corner of your application.
Selecting the Feedback module in the Resource Center opens either the Feedback request form, or the visitor dashboard inside the Resource Center.
With the Intercom integration, you can increase the amount and quality of feedback you collect, add transparency to your product development process, and improve the customer experience. For information on setting up Intercom as an integration, see the Intercom section in Grant Feedback access to customers.
The Intercom integration with Feedback allows your customer to provide feedback without leaving the conversation. Your customers can also browse their requests and update their priorities when they navigate to the Feedback Dashboard.
You have the following options for providing Pendo Feedback through Intercom:
- Embed a Feedback button into your Intercom messenger home screen.
- Automate feedback collection using the Answer Bot.
- Manually send a Feedback link to the customer.
- Redirect the customer to an existing request.
The Feedback button sits directly below the New conversation button, and invites the customer to Give product feedback to <company>. When customers select this option, they are taken to their Feedback Dashboard where they can browse their requests and update their priorities.
For instructions on how to add the Feedback link as a button on your Intercom Messenger home screen, see the Intercom section in Grant Feedback access to customers.
You can configure the Answer Bot to send the Feedback link when a customer types something that sounds like a request, such as “I have an idea”. For instructions on how to configure the Answer Bot, see the Intercom section in Grant Feedback access to customers.
Manually send a Feedback link
You can send your customer a button that grants them access to your request form. For instructions on how to set up the Intercom integration so that you can send the Feedback link as a button in your conversation, see the Intercom section in Grant Feedback access to customers.
To send a Feedback link, select the Feedback apps button at the bottom of your chat window and then choose Ask customer to submit request.
Redirect customers to an existing request
You can send your customer an existing request that's relevant to the conversation. The request appears in the Intercom chat widget for your customer to open and view. The customer can then vote for that request, or comment on. From here, the customer can also navigate to their Feedback Dashboard where they can browse their requests and update their priorities.
For instructions on how to set up the Intercom integration so that you can send an existing request in your conversation, see the Intercom section in Grant Feedback access to customers.
To redirect the customer to an existing request, select the Feedback apps button at the bottom of your chat window and then Search for a request. Use the search box to find and select the request you want to send.