Understanding feedback is critical for every business. Pendo Feedback empowers you to bring the voice of the customer into existing projects, ensures you're focusing your development efforts in the most impactful places, and improves the customer experience.
What is Pendo Feedback?
Pendo Feedback is a product demand intelligence tool that helps you gather, analyze, filter, group, and respond to product input and requests in a single platform. With Feedback, you can:
- Collect product Feedback at scale.
- Analyze feature requests by customer segment.
- Inform and prioritize your product development.
- Close the loop with your internal teams and with your customers.
Use Feedback to streamline feedback collection, uncover feedback trends, identify product areas to improve, and validate which features and updates to release.
How does Feedback fit with Guides and Analytics?
With Guides, Pendo Feedback can both supplement and inform your in-app messaging. With Analytics, Pendo Feedback offers you a more complete picture of the product experience. By pairing qualitative user feedback with quantitative usage analytics from all areas of the product journey, you can be better informed about what to build next.
Beyond these benefits, there are specific use cases and ways of using Feedback that suit the needs of your team, your role, and your responsibilities. For example, Product teams can use Pendo Guides to find out more during the research phase of the product development cycle.
Additionally, you can:
- Create segments in Analytics from visitors that vote on requests in Feedback. For more information, see Segment analytics by Feedback data.
- Add Feedback-specific widgets to the Analytics dashboard, including recent requests, requests by status, and requests by group. For more information, see Dashboard widgets.
- Publish guides from Feedback requests to announce requested features to those who expressed an interest in them, or to gather use cases from visitors who voted on a request.
One install script ("snippet") drives Guides, Analytics, and Feedback so that there is one product platform that provides all the insights. For information about the Pendo snippet, see the Developer's guide to implementing Pendo using the install script and the Configure for Feedback.
You can use Pendo Feedback to gather requests in the following ways:
Internally, where your team members submit requests on behalf of customers and prospects.
Through your application, where your visitors can submit requests through a Feedback portal, widget, a module in the Pendo Resource Center, or Intercom. For more information see Grant Feedback access to customers.
You can use Pendo Feedback without giving your customers access. Many of our customers start using Feedback internally only. You can raise requests and vote on behalf of your customers and then allow them to submit their own requests when you're ready. For more information, see Launch Feedback and gather requests internally.
Take a tour
For an overview of the internal experience of Feedback, see Internal view of Pendo Feedback. For an overview of the options for launching Feedback to your customers, see Customer view of Pendo Feedback.
- The Getting Started with Feedback course offers a detailed overview of Feedback and best practices. It also includes an explanation of the integration points between Feedback and Pendo's analytics and guides.
- The Setting up Pendo Feedback course walks you through installing and preparing for Feedback. It also includes information on how to add requests in Feedback and how to set user permissions.
Take a look at how:
Filevine uses Pendo Feedback to collect user feedback at scale, improve operational efficiencies, and foster a product-led culture
PetDesk used Pendo Feedback to adapt to changing customer needs, build their roadmap, and empower and engage their internal teams.