When you choose to "Manage In My App," a new browser tab or window will launch to show you a preview of your app with the Guide displayed. If this didn’t occur, the following scenarios may help you before you reach out to support.
If new a browser tab or window didn’t launch
- Confirm that a tab didn’t open in a different browser window.
- Your browser (or plugin/extension) may have settings that prevent sites from opening a new tab or window. Please modify these browser settings.
If a new tab opens, but your app does not load
- Make sure you put in the right URL for your application
If a new tab opens & your app loads, but no Pendo Guide preview displays
Make sure the Pendo snippet is installed on the page you are viewing. To verify, follow the steps via the Browser Developer Console:
- Open up your application in a browser tab and sign into your app (not Pendo) as a user
- Open the Browser Developer Console
pendo.validateInstall()into the console and hit enter
- Information on the your identifiable metadata will be returned. If the snippet is not installed on this page, an error will show.
Make sure you are using at least version 2.14.10 of the Pendo Agent. To validate your version number:
- Navigate to "Subscription Settings" and choose your App by clicking on your username in the lower left-hand corner of the Pendo app.
- Choose "Agent Settings" and validate your "Production Environment" version number.
Your app may have re-directed and dropped the Pendo query parameter. If you entered something like
https://app.acme.comas the URL, then in the new tab you should see a URL in your browser URL bar that looks something like:
- If you are not seeing the
pendo-designer=xxxxpart, then your application may have redirected to a different page (for example, from
https://app.acme.com/home), and in doing so, dropped the “pendo-designer=xxxx” part. If this is the case, try using the redirected url (eg:
https://app.acme.com/home) when you enter in the URL from app.pendo.io Guide Detail page.
- If you still don’t see the parameter, click on the "Don’t see the designer?" drop down from the pop-up modal when you navigated back to your Guide Detail page. You should see the "Alt (option on mac)+ shift + 8" shortcut-key to perform the shortcut.
Use the following browser console command to launch the designer:
Browser Local Storage
The Visual Design Studio launches by leveraging your browser’s local storage from your cookie settings. Please make sure to enable it in your browser settings.
chrome://settings/content/cookies). For Mozilla Firefox users, update your preferences for cookies in your Privacy & Security settings.
For example, if you use Chrome, the “Keep local storage” item should be turned to “off” for it to work correctly:
Make sure you’re using the latest version of Safari. In most cases, Safari will maintain site cookies. So if the designer launch fails on the first attempt with Safari, clear cookies and all future attempts should work fine. If you’re unsure on how to clear these cookies, check out Safari’s documentation.
Shortcut Key to Launch the Designer
After you logged into Pendo, open a browser tab and use the following shortcut key to launch the designer from the Guide Details page:
If you’re already using this shortcut key for another application, you can turn off this Pendo shortcut key. To do this, navigate to "Subscription Settings" and choose the appropriate app. From the list, uncheck the shortcut key.
If that does not work, open up the console in the developer tools (F12), type
pendo.designerv2.launchInAppDesigner() in the console and hit enter.