The ability to understand user product behavior and adoption is a key component for customer success teams to prevent churn. That is why ChurnZero and Pendo have come together to provide you with unprecedented insight into your product within ChurnZero’s view of the customer lifecycle. Pendo’s deep analytics across the product journey help the customer team identify areas where customers are not maximizing the value of their purchase and could be at risk of churn.
When this integration is complete, your selected Pendo Feature Events and Page Events will be displayed in ChurnZero for the respective account. By understanding how customers are using the product, your customer success team is able to run the optimal play to increase satisfaction and product usage, and earn the renewal of that customer. Stay on top of your analytics by configuring alerts to notify your team of low engagement or use these metrics to calculate a ChurnScore.
Ingredients (What You Need)
- Pendo account with Insights
- Access to Pendo API
- Active ChurnZero account
- The "accountid" field on Pendo Feature and Page Events MUST contain the AccountExternalID
- The "visitorid" field on the Pendo Feature and Page Events MUST contain the ContactExternalID
- Decrease churn with early warning product signals and early intervention
- Use behavioral data to better target customer success workflows
How to Make It
- Log into your ChurnZero Production account.
- On the left-hand navigation bar, go to Admin > Pendo Setup. (If this is not present, please reach out to your ChurnZero representative to have it turned on for you)
- Enter your Pendo Integration Key and click "Authorize".
- Follow the prompts to finalize the authorization. This is what it should look like after a successful authorization:
- Provide the names of the Pendo Feature and Page Events that you want to sync to ChurnZero.
- The list of Events that are relevant for your Customer Success team is typically significantly shorter than the full list of Events being tracked by Pendo.
- The Event Names you provide need to exactly match the Event Names in Pendo.
- If your Pendo Event Names will not be clear to your Customer Success Team, you can provide a "Pretty Name" for each Event (in addition to the name from within Pendo).