This article is for customers who are looking to quickly start tagging features in their application. We recommend tagging features on pages that have been named. Here is our tagging pages overview
Tag a Feature
- Log into Pendo and navigate to the "Features" tab.
- Click on "Manage Features In-App" in the top right corner.
- Navigate to your application using the address bar at the bottom of the screen and login.
- Navigate to the page where there is a feature you wish to tag.
- In the bottom left click on "Tag a Feature".
- A red box will outline any element you mouse over to tag. Select the element to tag it.
- Name your feature something relevant to the feature itself.
- The Location helps Pendo know where the element is in your application. "Site-Wide" is useful for elements such as navigation menus that appear across your whole application. The default "Only on Page" option is the suggested setting if the feature is only present on one page.
- The Element matching setting uses CSS rules to tag features for tracking. There is a "Suggested Match" setting which should work for most users. If that is not specific enough to target only the element selected then you could try selecting it by the "Choose Parent" or "Custom CSS" options.
- Click Save and you have tagged a feature!
To see all your tagged features and have an intuitive view of their usage, click on "Show Tagged Features" in the bottom left. This heat-map uses the date range specified in Pendo, to generate a color organized view of features that have been tagged. Simply, the hotter the feature, the more it is used.