Tagging pages allow you to see the usage data of your mobile pages.
Note: This article describes how to tag a page for Mobile SDK v2.
If you are using SDK v51 or v52, refer to our Screen Tagging Tips.
Tag a Page
- Go to Pages.
- Click on Manage Pages In-App to tag pages through our In-App Designer.
- Select your mobile application from the list and Launch Designer.
- Connect Your Device by using the Connect a new device button and follow the instructions.
If you already have a device connected, just launch the app. It should automatically reconnect.
- Once your device is connected, you will see a small camera icon on your device.
- Navigate in your app to the page you’d like to tag and click on the camera icon on your device. In a few seconds, you will see the page’s screenshot in the Pendo UI. Name the page. You may also assign it to a group.
- You can now select 'Save and Exit' to save the newly tagged page.
- Alternatively, you can select to Tag Features or continue tagging more pages. Don’t worry, you can always go back and tag more pages and features, analytics are constantly collected.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is my page identified?
- When you tag a page, a rule is created for the page which is based the page's structure.
- Pages with the same structure will be considered by Pendo to be the same page.
- The page will usually be identified correctly across your app versions (since page structure does not change very often).
- If the page's structure did change drastically, you can Recapture the Mobile Page to update its rule and continue receiving analytics.
Why I’m not getting new analytics for some of the tagged pages?
Have you released a new app version to the store recently? If some of your pages/features changed in the newly released app version, you can update them by Recapturing the Mobile Page.
Since the Pendo's mobile page rule relies on the page's structure, major changes to your app require re-tagging the page, to continue getting analytics on the page. If button texts were changed in your app you might need to re-tag the page to update its features.
I can’t tag some of the features in my application. What do I do?
We’re working on identifying as many mobile element types as possible. If you’re unable to tag and get analytics for any of your mobile features, please contact our support.
A possible workaround is adding Track Events to those features to collect that data.