For SDK 51 or 52 (v1) tagging tips please refer to our Screen Tagging Tips.
Tag A Feature
Tagging features can be done at the same time you tag its page, or separately, at any later time you choose.
When tagging a mobile page, use the "Next: Tag Features" button to tag the page’s features.
Or, if you wish to do this at a later time:
1. Go to Pages.
2. Select the Mobile App you wish to tag.
3. Select the page in which you’d like to tag features.
4. Inside the page details, click on Manage Page in the top right to load the Designer.
5. You will see a screenshot of the page on the right. You can now point and click on any feature in the screenshot. Selecting a feature will add it to the features table on the left and will allow you to name it (optionally assign it to a group) and save.
6. (Optional) Use the “Exclude text from feature’s rule” option when you want to track this feature regardless of its text. This can be used when a button does not have a consistent text across users or times, or in case of multi-lingual apps when the button’s text might change between different users.
Tag a feature
Frequently Asked Questions
I can’t tag some of the features in my application. What do I do?
There are many ways to implement mobile buttons. We’re working on identifying as many button types as possible. If you’re unable to tag and get analytics for any of your mobile features, please contact our support.
A possible workaround is using Track Events to track specific features to collect that data.
I stopped getting new analytics for some of the tagged pages. Why is that?
Have you released a new app version to the store recently? If some of your pages/features changed in the newly released app version, you can update them by Recapturing the Mobile Page.
Coming Soon! Alerts - will proactively alert you when your analytics are no longer pulling in data (possibly due to app structural changes on a page/feature) and re-tagging is required.