The Core Events: Time to First Use widget shows the average, minimum, and maximum times it takes a new Visitor to first interact with a Core Event with trending changes from the previous time period. This data helps you discover how long it takes new Visitors to use the key features in your app. With additional research in Visitors and Data Explorer you can understand how different user segments onboard, then use Guides and product design to accelerate their adoption of these core features.
This data builds on the findings from the Core Events: Account Retention by Usage Widget. Core Events are selected and long term retention with early adoption is validated. From there it's crucial to understand how long it takes users to discover your Core Events and steer their user journey towards them as soon as possible.
Learn more about Using Core Events
Learn more about the Dashboard
- Core Events must be set up by an Admin Pendo user
Learn how to Setup Core Events
Understanding the Data
The Time to First Use widget shows a box plot and mean average of the time it takes Visitors to interact with each Core Event for the first time. The box plot consists of the minimum, lower quartile, median, upper quartile, and maximum times with the mean average shown as a dot in the box plot. Visitors must use the Core Event within the selected date range to be included in the analysis. Visitors who have never used the Core Event are excluded.
Hover over the plot to show additional detailed data including the precise number of days for each point on the plot and the number of eligible Visitors in the data set. Trending will show the current average and if the time has increased or decreased relative to the previous time period. Hover over trending to see the percent of change.
The widget displays the Core Events setup for the selected app. If the Core Events for an app are changed the widget reflects those changes the next time it is loaded, either by adding or updating the widget, navigating to the Dashboard, or refreshing the browser.
Add the Widget to the Dashboard
1. Click + Add Widget in the top right corner of the Dashboard.
2. Select the Core Events: Time to First Use widget from the list of available widgets.
3. Edit the widget to select the Name, Date Range, Segment, and App.
- Name - Display name on the Dashboard
- Date Range - Time period during which Core Event usage is measured
- Segment - Visitors queried for usage data
- Larger Segments will have less volatility in the data
- App - App queried for Core Event selection and product usage data
4. Save Widget to add the widget to your Dashboard.
Edit or Remove the Widget
The widget can be edited or removed from the Dashboard.
Click More on the top right corner of the widget.
Edit Widget opens the Edit Widget module where you can change all the widget parameters.
Remove Widget permanently removes the widget from the dashboard.