With Pendo for Mobile, you can create a connected digital experience across your mobile and web product portfolio. Analyze how your users interact with your solution in all settings, and understand how users move across platforms. Harness insights throughout the product journey and tailor in-app guidance based on the user’s device.
Pendo Mobile SDKThe Pendo Mobile SDK provides codeless, retroactive analytics across all of your app versions, as well as lightbox (in-app message), tooltips, and multi-step walkthrough guides built with Pendo's Visual Design Studio.
- The integration takes three lines of code.
- Mobile Pendo SDKs start collecting analytics after a successful install. This allows Pendo to automatically track any user action in your app, providing insights without prior app tagging (retroactive analytics).
- Analytics and Guides are agnostic to app versions, allowing you to make updates without needing to change the way Pendo tracks user interactions on mobile apps.
- Utilize multi-app paths and funnels to track users throughout their product journey on mobile and web.
Supported Frameworks: Codeless, retroactive analytics
Pendo supports the following frameworks for codeless, retroactive analytics:
- Native iOS & Android applications
- Xamarin for iOS and Xamarin for Android
- Xamarin Forms 5
- MAUI Integration
- Swift UI
- React Native for iOS and React Native for Android
- Expo for React Navigation
- Expo for React Native Navigation
Supported Frameworks: Track Events
Track Events are event-type information programmatically sent to Pendo. These events can be server-side for things like an API being called, an email being sent to a user or other server events. In addition, you can pass client/browser-side events such as a browser error, download complete, or other events that aren’t automatically captured as click events or page load events. We support the following framework with track events:
Adding a mobile app
- In the Pendo Navigation bar, go to Settings > Subscription Settings
- Select "Add Another App" on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Enter the desired app name and select the relevant OS or Supported Framework
- The app will be added under Subscription Settings. To complete the installation, hover over the app and select 'Complete Installation'.
- Proceed by following the step-by-step SDK install integration instructions displayed.
- An app that is successfully installed will show on 'Subscription Settings' as 'Integrated'
You are now ready to:
- Tag Pages - to see page views across your app versions
- Tag Features - to see page views across your app versions
- Send track events - (see 'Mobile Track Events' section)
- Build Guides - you may preview and test the guide prior to publishing it to your visitors
- Build a carousel for onboarding or new feature announcement
- Add Mobile Tooltips
- Build Multi-Step Guides for guidance
- Create Mobile Polls or NPS
- Bump up your App Store/Google Play rating by request a Store Rating in-app
- Build guides for Tablets
Frequently asked questions
Do I need to do anything when I release a new app version?
No, guides and analytics will work seamlessly on your new app version. If any of your mobile pages has changed dramatically in a new app version and stopped sending analytics, we will alert you via our Page Alerts and instruct you how to fix your tagged pages.
When will the data appear?
Just like with Pendo web analytics, data is processed at the top of the hour, every hour. Processing times can take up to 15 minutes after the hour, depending on the amount of data.
- You might not be able to tag some controls in your app, or they might not collect analytics. Mobile technologies keep advancing and we're working to keep up. Let us know if you don't manage to tag something by contacting Pendo Support.
- When two pages have the exact same structure, you must select an additional label to distinguish between the pages. Read here or to learn more.
- Our default page and feature rules which are critical to get the correct anlaytics sometimes require refinement to match your specific app - make sure to understand your options for page and feature tagging
- When you want to tag features that are below-the-fold, tag the page rolled-down when the below-the-fold feature is visible. Pendo identifies when you tag a page that already exists ("Is this page unique?") and in the case of below-the-fold, simply keep that as a new page to be able to tag its feature. No need to refine the page rule.