OverviewThe Pendo Mobile SDK version 2 provides codeless, retroactive analytics across all of your app-versions, as well as lightbox (in-app message), tooltips, and multi-step walkthrough guides built with Pendo's Visual Design Studio. Read more about the new release here.
- The integration takes three lines of code.
- The SDK will start collecting analytics right away.
- Tracking analytics and guides will work across all your app versions.
- Native iOS & Android applications (SwiftUI is supported via Track Events)
- Xamarin & Xamarin Form
- React Native
- React Native Track Events
- Flutter Support via Track Events
How Do I Get It?
To add a new mobile app (with SDK V2) to Pendo:
- Navigate to Settings > Subscription Settings
- Click on the "Add Mobile App" button in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Enter your desired app name and choose the relevant OS or Supported Framework: iOS or Android If you don't see these options, please contact Support.
- Once you hit the Save button, you will see the app in your list under Subscription Settings. Check for the v2 in the top right-hand corner as seen below:
- Hover over the Android/iOS icon and click "Complete Installation"
- Proceed to install the SDK by following the integration instructions displayed
note: if you've already installed our 1.5x SDK version, make sure to change all "Insert" references to "Pendo".
You are now ready to:
- Tag Pages - to see page views across your app versions
- Tag Features - to see page views across your app versions
- Send track events - (see 'Mobile Track Events' section)
- Build Guides - you may preview and test the guide prior to publishing it to your visitors
- Request a Store Rating in-app (iOS) or request a Google Play rating
- Add Mobile Tooltips
- Build Multi-Step Guides
- Create Mobile Polls
- Build guides for Tablets
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to do anything when I release a new app version?
No, guides and analytics will work seamlessly on your new app version. If you dramatically changed the user interface of your app in a new app version, you might need to fix some of your tagged pages.
Can I merge my older app (V1) Analytics with the new ones?
No. Your older analytics will still exist in Pendo, but they can’t be migrated to the new app. However, you can use Trends or our new Data Explorer to view or compare them side-by-side with the new analytics.
When will the data appear?
Just like with Pendo web analytics, data is processed at the top of the hour, every hour. Processing times can take up to 15 minutes after the hour, depending on the amount of data.
Do I need to pre-define user data in the Pendo UI?
There’s no longer a need to pre-define user and account data. Just send us the data from the app and it will automatically be populated in Pendo’s Data Mapping.
Will this work for my React Native Applications?
We support React Native in a codeless, retroactive manner; this is currently in a Closed Beta. To get access and learn more, see this help article.
If you are not eligible or the codeless closed beta, we also support React Native with our Track Events Solution. Learn more here.
- You might not be able to tag some controls in your app, or they might not collect analytics.
If you experience such behavior, please contact our support team.
- When two pages have the exact same structure, we might consider them as one page. Contact our technical support to tag these as different pages.
- When you want to tag features that are below-the-fold, tag the page rolled-down when the below-the-fold feature is visible. Pendo will alert you that this page already exists. Select the option "Tag as New' and tag the feature on this new page.