Use the Browse page in Pendo Feedback to close the loop, organize your requests, and assign your co-workers to groups of requests with minimal input.
The default table view in the Browse page, All Requests, lists every request in reverse chronological order. You can also create custom table views to support your Feedback activities.
You can take action directly from within a table view, and save the state of your table to revisit and share.
This article describes how you can:
- Find existing table views.
- Create your own table view with custom column layouts and sorting.
- Save and share these views with your team.
- Reduce the time it takes to triage large volumes of requests with bulk actions in table views.
Find an existing table view
The current table view, visible in the top-left of the Browse page (above the table and filters), is also a dropdown menu. Open the dropdown menu to find and select a view you want to use or edit.
Aside from the default, All Requests, there are some table views already available to you, including Assigned to me and New Requests.
The partial match search function inspects all (non-deleted) views that you have access to. This includes all views you’ve created alongside any views that were created by other people with a visibility set to “Team Only”.
Create a new table view
You can create a new view of your Feedback data by applying filters, adding and removing table columns, reordering columns, and choosing the sort direction of columns.
To apply filters to requests, select the items you want to filter by in the dropdown menus at the top of the Browse page. You can filter by Apps, Product Areas, Statuses, Tags, and Assignees. Choose from the items in the corresponding dropdown menus.
You can search for items from within the dropdown menus for Product Areas, Tags, and Assignees by typing the name of the item you want to include in the filter.
To add, remove, or reorder columns, select the Manage Columns icon located in the top right of the Browse table, under Clear All Filters.
This will open the Manage Columns window, where you can select which columns are displayed in the table and in what order.
To add a column, select + Add Column at the bottom of the window and then select a column from the dropdown menu. To remove a column, select the cross (x) next to the column you want to delete.
To reorder columns, select the three vertical dots next to a column you want to move, and then drag and drop it further up or down the list.
After making your changes, select Save. This only saves your column changes. To save your new table view, see Save a table view, below.
Sort by column data
You can reorder requests by stack-ranking the values in the following columns:
- Requests, alphabetically or in reverse alphabetical order.
- Statuses, from unreviewed to released, or in reverse dev order.
- Account Value, from lowest to highest, or from highest to lowest.
- Votes, from least to most, or from most to least.
- Created, in chronological order or reverse chronological order.
To reorder requests by column data, select the corresponding column header.
Note: The Vote column in this table takes all votes into account, including votes from internal team users, customers, prospects and, if using the Salesforce integration, Salesforce opportunities.
Revert to the original view
If you want to revert to the original view after making changes, select the dropdown arrow (v) next to Save and select Revert Changes.
Note: You can’t revert to the original view after selecting Save.
Save a table view
After you’ve created a new table view or made changes to an existing view, a Save button appears at the top of the page next to the dropdown menu.
To save changes to an existing view, select Save. This replaces the existing view with the view you’ve just created.
To save a new view based on your most recent edits, you can select the dropdown arrow (v) next to Save and choose Save As New View. Alternatively, you can select Create New View from the bottom of the Requests dropdown menu.
In the Save View window that opens:
- Enter a meaningful name for your new table view.
- Choose a visibility level.
- Select Only Me to make your new view private.
- Select Team Only to make your new view visible to coworkers
- Select Save at the bottom of the window.
Note: Your app visitors don't have access to saved views.
Share a saved table view
You can share any saved table view with a colleague, so long as it's set to Team Only.
1. Find the saved table view using the dropdown at the top of the Browse page. For instructions, see Find an existing table view.
2. Select the share button next to the gear icon.
3. Select Copy Link, which copies the link to your clipboard to be shared by pasting it elsewhere.
Act on a group of requests
You can act on groups of requests with bulk request actions available to you in the Browse page, including:
- Changing the Status of multiple requests.
- Editing Apps and Product Areas to categorize requests.
- Adding Tags to effectively analyze feedback at scale.
- Merging two requests into one.
- Assigning requests to assign ownership to large data sets.
To find, select, and act on the requests you’d like to update:
1. Find the relevant requests by either
- Applying filters, as described in Create a new table view.
- Using an existing saved view, as described in Find an existing table view.
2. Select the requests you’d like to update by either
- Manually checking the box next to each request you want to act on.
- Selecting all the requests in the table view by checking the Request table header.
3. Select the Actions menu that appears when you select requests. Note that this menu only appears when you’ve selected one or more requests.
4. Select one of the following options:
Change App or Product Area
You can bulk add App, and Product Areas within an App, to your selected requests:
- Select the App and, optionally, the Product Area you want to add.
- Select the plus sign (+) to add another App.
- Select Save Changes.
Note: A request must have at least one App associated with it, but doesn’t need a Product Area. If you’re removing Apps, ensure there is at least one remaining App associated with the requests. For information on managing multiple apps in Pendo, see Multi-app subscriptions.
You can also use this functionality to turn existing tags into Product Areas:
- Create a new Product Area. The Product Area needs to exist first.
- Use the filters in the Browse page to find all requests with a tag that you'd like to turn into a Product Area. For instructions, see Create a new table view.
- Select all requests in that table view.
- Add the Product Area and remove the tag (if it's no longer needed).
For more information on Product Areas, see Product Areas in Feedback.
To bulk add Tags to your selected requests:
- Select the plus sign (+).
- Start typing to find a Tag to add.
- Select existing tags or select Create Tag to add a new one.
- Select Save Changes.
For more information on Tags, see Tagging in Feedback.
Merge Selected Requests
You can merge two duplicate or similar requests at a time. To merge requests:
- Select two requests, only.
- Choose the request Title, Description, Product Area, Privacy, and ID you’d like to preserve.
- Select Preserve these values under that request.
- Select Merge features.
For more information on merging requests, see Duplicate and similar requests.
Note: You must select only two requests to merge them. If you select more or fewer than two requests, the Merge Selected Requests option will be unavailable.
To bulk edit the status of your selected requests:
- Select the status you want to change your requests to.
- Select a saved status response.
For more information on saved status responses, see Custom saved responses setup.
You can use Assignee to find the requests that relate to you or to assign relevant requests to a team member:
- Select the team member from the dropdown menu.
- Select Save Changes.
For more information on assigning requests to team members, see Assigning requests in Feedback.